#TestingThursday // At least 1 Thursday of the month I will be reviewing a natural hair product.
In this post, it will be about Eco Style Professional: Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil Deep Conditioning Therapy.
If you are a natural product junkie especially for the Eco Style Gel Brand then you must have known about this product. In this line, they have other products as well (see picture). I bought the product because I love the eco-style brand. And, I saw reviews going around on youtube so I decided to purchase it.
Benefits: It is an intensive deep conditioner that restores, repairs, strengthens and revitalises your hair and scalp.
It contains a blend of Black Castor & Flaxseed Oils. As well as vitamins A, D and E. It is an intensive conditioner that mends and reconstructs damaged hair cuticles. It is sulfate, paraben, petrolatum, and mineral free. Lastly, it has a blend of natural oils to tame split ends.
Directions: Apply liberally to wet hair, comb thru and allow to set for 3-5 minutes. To deep condition, place a shower cap on hair and sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes for the ultimate restorative therapy.
My opinion: I tried the product for 2 weeks however I won’t be repurchasing it. I am not saying that the deep conditioner was horrible, it was great, but there’s better out there (AKA CANTU DEEP CONDITIONING MASQUE). Although my curls were defined, soft and moisturised it’s still a no for me.
Here’s what I absolutely loved about the product and could not take away from it.
– It has a sweet smell, like lotion.
– It easy to apply to the hair.
– A little of the product goes a long way, therefore it’s long lasting.
– Defines your curls. When a product is applied to your hair that is water-based and your curls start popping then you know it’s working.
– Has a lot of natural oils and good alcohols within it.
And then there’s the bad:
– It is expensive (lol). It is affordable when compared to the Cantu Deep Treatment Masque however, it lasts longer. In addition, I think because I am used to Eco Style products being cheap, spending $1200.00JMD was a bit too much for me.
– It is not thick. My hair likes thick products, and this deep conditioner isn’t. I know it did it’s ‘job’ but it could have done a whole lot better.
This post isn’t to stop you from buying it because everybody’s hair is different.
Let me know if you have tried the product or any other in the line, or if you’re interested 😄