Welcome to the first post of Finance Fridays where I will be sharing what I know about MONEY-CHA-CHING.
In today’s post, I will be sharing with you about why you need to consider being a freelancer on the side. If you’re a full-time employee or student then this perfect for you. This is a way for you to earn extra income on the side via the internet for people. Maybe you want to make some extra cash on the side doing simple tasks for people or you have a special skill such as art, accounting, social media that people are keen on buying.
Definition: Freelancing (According to Google)
Currently, I am a student and a FREELANCER.
My personal definition of it is someone who assists someone with tasks that they are an expert in or that the buyer is lazy to do.
I’ll share the benefits that I have received from “my side hustle” that will make you consider freelancing.
Benefits of Freelancing ✔:-
1. You earn MONEY – This is the first plus because everyone likes to earn/have more money to spend. You can buy something that you’ve always wanted or provide for yourself more by paying a bill, buying a phone, etc. I do recommend that you use sites to “guarantee” your money.
2. You set your own time – As a student, I have a lot of free time that should be used for studying my books, however, I use some of it to make money. If you are a full-time employee you can work at nights, early mornings or weekends, whichever is perfect for you and your schedule. So you determine the time that you want to do the work.
3. Creating a Network – I have worked for people from India, the United States of America, Trinidad & Tobago, Africa, United Kingdom, Madagascar, and all over the globe. So, not only are you doing the work for them you may have the opportunity to form a relationship with the people that you meet and set some links. I have met individuals who I follow on social media or they recommend me to future clients so I can make more money.
4. You don’t have to leave your bed – This is the best part of freelancing, you can work from the comfort of your own home. You don’t have to get ready then commute to the workplace, you just wake up and do the work. So, on those free days that I have from school, I am working.
5. You’re the boss – So number 4 isn’t the best, it’s number 5. You are in charge of your freelancing hustle, therefore you call the shots. You can choose to work towards meeting your money quota for the month, choose to wake up a little later today, choose not to do a particular task you ain’t interested in, and the list goes on and on.
After reading this post, you will consider freelancing your time/services to individuals to earn extra funds to splurge on your life.
[Subscribe for the next post which is: Where to Freelance – Fiverr – Part 1]